This service contract is used here to help our clients and staff understand the service they are purchasing and giving. The contract outlines our guarantee, exclusions, cancellations and potential problems we strive to avoid if at all possible. Please review this document and have a working understanding of all terms and conditions as outlined here. These Terms of Service define the responsibilities and liabilities of Green Wagon Cleaning and our customers.
By scheduling a one‐time or recurring service with Green Wagon Cleaning, you are agreeing to accept the following terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions of Service
IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION
If you are not happy with any area we have cleaned, simply call the office within 24 hours and we will come back and re‐clean it free of charge. The cleaning technicians must be allowed to come back into the home within 1 business day, and usually are able to return the same day. Please note we do not offer cash refunds or money off the cleaning, but we will 100% return and clean it.
INSURANCE, GENERAL LIABILITY, BONDING & TAX REPORTING
We carry a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy and a $10,000 fidelity bond. In addition, we hereby attest to our customers that Green Wagon Cleaning collects and reports all employer‐required taxes for the cleaning technicians services to local, state and federal agencies, thus protecting you from IRS tax‐liability with respect to income the cleaning technicians receive. All cleaning technicians are covered by State workers compensation insurance for any injuries occurring inside or outside of your home.
SECURITY SYSTEM POLICY
Green Wagon Cleaning does our best to disarm and rearm your security system according to the directions provided, and the code provided. We do our very best to be diligent and careful, however, we are not responsible for any charges from a local police department or security monitoring company or any other associated charges related to an activated alarm while we are entering, cleaning, or leaving your home.
CONDITION CONTAINS BIO-HAZARDS
If we arrive to a cleaning and any area of the home contains bio-hazards, we cannot clean those areas (we will clean the areas we can), but you will still be charged the full cost of the cleaning. If there is feces in any part of the house, human or otherwise, the entire home will not be cleaned and you will be responsible for the full cost of the cleaning.
PETS “ESCAPING” FROM THE HOME
We cannot be responsible for pets that “escape” when our cleaning technicians are entering/exiting your home. If your pet will be “roaming free” during the clean, please let us know in advance, so the cleaning technicians can be on alert when they open doors. Our cleaning technicians are trained to close doors as soon as they enter and exit your home and will not leave doors open for long periods.
PET SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
We work around pets every day and we love them! However, if you have special concerns that fall outside the duties of cleaning, or if your pet has special requirements, we recommend boarding them for the day of the cleaning.
PET FECES AND URINE
Our cleaning technicians cannot touch or pick up pet feces, including emptying litter‐boxes. If, for whatever reason, pet feces or urine is sucked up by our vacuum, the cost of repair, cleaning, and/or replacement will be charged to the customer, and any time used to try to clean or investigate any potential damage at your home is counted as cleaning time. If your pet is sick, ill, etc., and having accidents, please let us know so that we have a heads-up. Urine stains on hardwood floors will be mopped by our cleaning technicians, but please understand that if urine has soaked into wood, the discoloration (stain) may not come out… a flooring specialist should be contacted.
CLEANING‐DAY HOME PREPARATION
Your price for cleaning is based on the cleaning technicians focusing all of their time and energy on cleaning, not routine housekeeping. We ask that you take a few minutes the night before a scheduled service to “pick up.” This will allow the cleaning technicians easy access to the areas/surfaces to be cleaned: floors, countertops, table tops, etc. and removing dirty dishes from kitchen sinks. If you’d like our cleaning technicians to do these tasks for you, please call the Office (in advance) so your cleaning fee can be adjusted for the additional “cleaning preparation” time.
LEVEL OF DIRT
When booking your cleaning, you’ll provide a current level of dirt in the home. Please give us an honest appraisal of current conditions based on the following criteria:
1: Immaculate: There is no visible dust, dirt, or grime anywhere. It will look like it was cleaned earlier this day by the best of cleaning technicians.
2-3: Very Clean: The tiniest bit of dust. There is no soap scum build up, but may be water marks on the tile and could use a nice wipe down. Baseboards have sprinkling of dust easily removed by blowing on the baseboard and dislodging the dust. Home will have look to be professionally cleaned 2 – 5 days ago.
4-5: This would look like if we cleaned a month ago.
6: Dust is starting to build up on the baseboards. Can still be wiped off with a cloth. There will be dust on the top of light fixtures, but not a thick layer. Mild soap scum that can be easily scrubbed off with a couple of swipes of rough side of sponge.
7-8: Soap scum is present, and may take a plastic razor to get off. Shower glass is clouded and will need razoring. Baseboards not able to be fully cleaned by just wiping dust off. Will need scrubbing. You can make an “X” in furniture / fixtures and see dust.
9-10: Visibly dirty in corners of floors. Thick soap scum. Grease/grimes underneath stove knobs Last spring cleaning a year ago or so.
DAYS WE CLEAN
We are open Monday – Friday, from 8AM – 5PM. Here is our holidays on which we do not clean:
- New Years Eve after 2PM
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Black Friday
- Christmas Eve after 2PM
- Christmas Day
- December 26th
ITEMS / AREAS WE DO NOT CLEAN / SERVICES NOT OFFERED
- Full Wall washing or scrubbing
- Blind washing
- Chandelier cleaning or washing
- Exterior Window washing
- Exterior Area Cleaning, i.e. roof decks or patios
- Cat litter box; cat litter on floor
- Pet feces and urine
- Bio-hazardous cleaning (urine, mold, blood, bodily fluids, etc.)
- Areas unreachable by using our step stool
- Carpet powder, baking soda on flooring
- Any area of floor, cabinets, or furniture that have paint, paint drips, candle wax, or other stuck-on matter that could potentially cause damage
Our cleaning technicians bring the tools and products needed to thoroughly clean your home. We are not able to use any of your cleaning products. Similarly, we cannot vacuum up any scented powder or baking soda or any powdered substances with our vacuum. We do not and will not use chemical oven cleaners.
Our cleaning technicians take pride in dusting your home. Our tools and techniques allow us to remove most of your home’s dust in a reasonable amount of time and effort.
- Settling Dust: During the dusting process, some dust becomes airborne and will not settle until we have left. This is more common in first time cleanings, and it may take several visits before settling dust becomes minimized.
- Dusting Knick‐Knacks, Collectables, Stand‐up Picture Frames, and other small items: We dust small items based on the size and the number of items on a shelf or flat surface like a mantel. If there are 10 or fewer small items on a shelf we will hand dust them and the surface below and return the item to the shelf. If there are more than 10 items per shelf we may dust the items where they sit and the surface around them.
- Dusting height limits: We are not able to dust items on shelves or hung on a wall that are higher than a cleaning technician can reach standing on a 2 step stepladder. We do use extension poles to high dust rooms but we will not high dust items that may tip over or hung on the wall because we are not able to hold it with one hand in order to secure it while we dust.
SHOWERS AND TUBS
Showers and Tubs can accumulate lime, calcium, and/or soap scum. We do not do lime or calcium removal unless it can be removed with elbow grease, a non-toxic cleaning agent, and reasonable scrubbing efforts (mineral and lime, however, usually need acid remover, which we do not work with). We DO remove soap scum. Mold and mildew are organic and will grow deep into and behind grout or calk. Surface stains will be minimized by our cleaning products, but completely eliminating it may require the homeowner to have their shower re‐grouted or re‐caulked. Showers and bathrooms with tile and grout may need extra time to clean, especially if there is a lot of tile. Scrubbing with a grout brush around each tile is time consuming and, because of this, if you have extensive tile in your showers and bathrooms, you will need to order sporadic “deep cleanings” of these areas, as they can take an hour alone just to scrub the grout (not including the rest of the bathroom). Please book this additional grout service accordingly and, in the meantime, we will do our best to keep it up.
DAMAGE OR BREAKAGE
Our cleaning technicians exercise reasonable care when cleaning your home. We do carry insurance for damage or breakage caused by our cleaning technicians. We are not liable for damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear,” improper installation of an item in your home, or artwork, collectibles or family heirlooms valued over $75. These items include but are not limited to the following examples:
- Carpet & Rug Snags: Carpet snags are the result of “exposed loops” caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller‐brush. We use top-of-the-line Miele vacuums. These vacuums are set to industry standards in order to limit snags while still providing a high quality vacuuming.
- Insufficient Support / Not Recommended Placement: We are not responsible for items such as televisions, mirrors, photos, pictures, decorations, art objects, etc., that are not properly placed on stable objects or affixed properly and per manufacturer’s recommendations. Accordingly, we are not responsible for televisions not placed on proper TV stands, items leaning against walls (such as mirrors, photos, pictures), etc., that are not properly affixed to walls or area(s).
- Cleaning Refrigerators: Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your refrigerator drawers and shelving are cleaned. If there has been gunk / old food / sticky substances, when you scrub that clean, the plastic, which is a brittle substance, may crack as you are “weakening” the structure now to scrubbing the matter off. The matter — especially sticky substances — adhere to the plastic, so cracking can occur.
We are not responsible for any cracking / splitting, etc. for your refrigerator that is a result of this.
- Broken Blinds: Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your blinds are cleaned and/or dusted. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks.
- Improperly hung pictures/decorations/mirrors/fixtures: If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is dusted/wiped.
- Artwork, Collectibles, Family Heirlooms and valuables over $75: These items are expensive or impossible to replace and so we will not take the risk of cleaning such items. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Green Wagon Cleaning of any such items existing or brought into the home after our initial setup, that fall into this category. Additionally, if there is artwork which is especially fragile or unusual, please notify us BEFORE the cleaning so we can exercise appropriate care. If you are concerned about a particular piece as it is not replaceable, we would ask that you put that piece away for the duration of the cleaning.
- Holiday Ornaments, Holiday Decorations, Christmas Stockings, etc.: Items that are placed out for holidays and not permanently affixed are notoriously difficult to clean around and can easily fall if they are attached by a thumbtack tape, or other glue adhesive fixture, or other temporary affixing measure. For this reason, we recommend putting the items away to make it safer for us to clean the day of the cleaning. Green Wagon Cleaning is not responsible for any ornament breakage, decoration breakage, etc., unless it is there year-round and we know about it ahead of time. Anything that is hanging (such as lights by a fireplace, around a window, a doorway), we are not responsible for.
- Plumbing Fixtures: If you have faulty plumbing, fixtures, plumbing or fixtures that are not functioning properly (such as a drip, leaky toilet, overflowing toilet, etc.), or any and all other plumbing and/or fixture issues, we must be notified ahead of time. We will not be held liable for any damage to plumbing or plumbing fixtures with currently known issues. Additionally, if you have a dripping faucet of fixture, notify your technician and / or office before we clean the area.
- Wine, Champagne, and Other Glassware; Dishes & Crystal Bowls: Since Green Wagon Cleaning does not offer dish washing service, we do request that counter, tops be free of all dishes, glassware, etc. on the date of cleaning. We are not responsible for breakage of any items as we attempt to remove them from counters to clean. Please note fragile stemware should always be put safely away to avoid any accidents.
- Glass Objects in Shower: We request that you remove any glass objects from shower / bathtub before we clean. Glass objects are unsafe to use in these areas and posit a risk to our cleaning technicians and also to your objects. We will not be responsible for any glass breakage in the shower / bathtub (or ledges surrounding the bathing area). If you continue to have glass objects despite our request not to have them in there, we may terminate your service if we feel it is too risky for breakage and injury to our employees.
- Use of Homeowner’s Vacuum: If you request our cleaning technicians to use your vacuum, we will not assume or accept any liability for damage to the unit. (Since we are not responsible for maintenance or training with the unit, we will not be responsible for any repairs to it).
- Window Track Cleaning: During initial deep cleanings and move-out cleanings, we clean window tracks. However, there will usually always remain dirt in the corners. In order to get that out, there musts be a good amount of pressure from water, etc. (like a pressure washer) and we do not offer that service. Please know we will do our best, however, it is likely that the very edges of the corners will have a bit of dirt remaining.
PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
Payment is due at the end of the business day of the day our services are delivered. We take the following forms of payment:
- Credit Cards. You will need to have a recurring charge authorization on file - call the office for details. Charges are run same-day
- ACH Debit Charges - please fill out an ACH debit recurring charge form with the office prior to service, NOT after. Charges will be made same-day
- Personal Check left out at time of service
- PayPal - we charge a 3.725% PayPal convenience charge back to the customer for this service. We will issue you an invoice that MUST be approved 24 hours from receipt or you won’t be allowed to use PayPal in the future
We give as specific an arrival time as possible, but we may be slightly late due to logistics or travel concerns that are unforeseen. If cleaning technicians are expected to be late by 30 minutes or more, we will call you. If we must wait to gain access to the home or wait until we can begin cleaning, you will be charged $49hr., per cleaning technician, per hour, for that time. That charges starts accruing at +:15 minutes from the original arrival time, if they do not have access.
TERMINATION OF RECURRING CLEANINGS
If you would like to cease receiving service temporarily, long-term, or permanently, we require 2 weeks’ notice. Less than this is considered a late cancellation and will be charged at the full fee. If you cancel or reschedule one cleaning and then opt to cancel permanently, you will be charged for the cancelled or rescheduled cleaning.
You are responsible for providing cleaning technicians access/entry to your home. If our cleaning technicians cannot enter your home , you will be charged the full cost of estimated service. If you provide a key to the cleaning technician, you must contact the office. The office will email you a Key Receipt. Keep this receipt as your proof that you have provided us with a key. You may also feel free to leave out a keybox for entry to the home, or install a keypad and give us the code for entry.
UNABLE TO COMPLETE CLEANING DUE TO CONDITION OF HOME
You are responsible for providing cleaning technicians access/entry to your home. If our cleaning technicians cannot enter your home , you will be charged the full cost of estimated service. Green Wagon Cleaning of any situations that will prevent us from cleaning your home: this can be pests (including roaches, fleas, rats, mice, bed bugs, etc.), hazardous conditions (needles, illegal drugs or items, rat droppings, feces, urine, etc.) or hoarding situations that the company was not made aware of ahead of time. In situations such as those, the office will notify the customer of the situation and a full cleaning fee will be due and payable. It is our policy to provide you with visual evidence of the unacceptable condition.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to reschedule or cancel a cleaning appointment. Your cleaning technicians count on your business. If you can provide us with at least 5 days’ advance notice of any scheduling changes, it gives us an opportunity to find another home for them to clean. Last minute notifications make it nearly impossible to find your cleaning technicians work and can cause them financial hardship.
SCHEDULING CHANGES CAN RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING:
The price for your recurring service is based on Time Between Cleanings. We have 3 recurring price categories:
- Weekly (Once a week)
- Bi‐Weekly (Every two weeks)
- Monthly (Every four weeks)
RESCHEDULING YOUR CLEANING
Rescheduling your cleaning can result in the cost of your service being Less Than, More Than or the Same As your last cleaning, or your Recurring Schedule cancelled altogether.
- Example 1: Bi‐Weekly customer “skips” a cleaning, creates a four‐week interval between visits and the applicable (higher) Monthly rate will apply to the next cleaning.
- Example 2: Bi-Weekly customer “skips” a cleaning, creating a three-week interval between visits and an extra charge will apply to the next cleaning.
- Example 3: Bi‐Weekly customer who requests an additional cleaning in‐between scheduled visits would be charged the applicable (lower) “Weekly” rate for the next 2 cleanings as there will be a one‐week interval between both cleanings.
- Example 4: Monthly customer requests more than 4 weeks between cleanings. The next visit will be 50% more, and then the recurring service price will resume with a new 4 week interval.
- Example 5: A recurring customer cancels 2 or more cleanings in a row. Green Wagon Cleaning may cancel their recurring cleaning schedule and request they call when they are ready to resume and, if appropriate, be placed on the waiting list.
- If the proper cancellation is not given, here are the steps to be taken:
- On first offense (unscheduled cancellation), a $45 fee will be added to the next recurring service
- On second offense, 50% of the scheduled fee will be owed in order to reschedule
- On third offense, 100% of the scheduled fee will be owed
- Fourth offense - recurring service will be terminated
ADDITIONAL FEE (FOR ADDITIONAL TIME NEEDED TO CLEAN YOUR HOME)
When purchasing our house cleaning service, you are purchasing reliable, well‐ trained, insured, trustworthy LABOR. There may be an occasion where our cleaning technicians need more time to complete the specific cleaning program you purchased. A few examples include:
- The condition of your home is different than what you represented when we established your Estimate.
- Excessive dirt/dust/stains resulting from remodeling/construction, post‐party cleanup, etc.
If a particular cleaning requires more than the allotted time to finish due to the situations above, we will attempt to contact the customer by phone before we start the job. If we are unable to reach the customer by phone we will either work up to the allocation of time or not clean the home. We will never charge you more for your cleaning without your permission. If additional time is repeatedly needed, we would need to discuss a change in your regular fee.
Please see out Move-Out Conditions tab for specific Terms and Conditions re: Move-outs
GIFT CERTIFICATES / DONATED AUCTION CLEANINGS
We offer gift certificates and they are valid for 1 year, after which time, they expire. All of our donated cleanings that we donate for auctions expire 6 months after date of issuance to the benefited organization. We do not offer refunds on gift certificates. Gift certificate and donated auction house cleanings cannot be separated into different bookings: all hours must be used at the same time. Donated auction house cleanings must be booked with the office and cannot be booked through the website.
QUALITY CONTROL AND INSPECTIONS
AUDITS AND INSPECTIONS
Green Wagon Cleaning randomly inspects and audits our cleaning teams. The inspector may inspect your home after a cleaning is completed and when the cleaning technicians have left, or during the final phase of cleaning or during the entire cleaning.
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
Getting customer feedback is an important ingredient to a successful house cleaning service relationship. Your feedback helps us monitor the performance of your cleaning technicians and deliver the highest quality cleaning experience in the industry.
SAFETY AND WORK CONDITIONS TEMPERATURE SETTINGS
During summer months, many of our customers turn their air conditioning off or set them to higher temperatures during the day, while they are at work. On the day that your cleaning technicians arrive, we ask that you set the thermostat to, at the highest, 72, so your cleaning technicians can work in a safe environment without overheating.
For safety reasons, if our cleaning technicians arrive to a home that is warm and the air conditioning is turned off or not reduced to safe levels, our cleaning technicians are instructed to adjust the thermostat while they are in your home. They will return the temperature to the previous setting before they leave. We still ask that you to let the air conditioning run on the day of your service because it can take several hours to cool a home to safe levels.
During the winter, we request that the home is between 60 and 72 degrees.
NON‐SOLICITATION OF Green Wagon Cleaning EMPLOYEES
When entering into an agreement for services with Green Wagon Cleaning you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by Green Wagon Cleaning for any home‐related services. We spend a lot of time, money and resources finding, interviewing, checking references and backgrounds, and training our cleaners. When hired, each cleaning technician signs an agreement barring them from performing any home‐related service for any of our past or present customers. However, if you do wish to employ a staff member directly please discuss this matter with the owner of Green Wagon Cleaning. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff please be These terms of service are designed to help our clients understand the service they are purchasing. These terms clarify and describe our guarantee, exclusions, cancellations and potential problems we strive to avoid if at all possible. With your help, these issues can be averted to ensure a successful service to you in your home. These Terms of Service define the responsibilities and liabilities of Green Wagon Cleaning and our customers.
Green Wagon Cleaning is committed to protecting the privacy of customers. We will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information to outside parties.